Rideau Vineyard is a small privately-owned winery in the Santa Ynez Valley. We produce a range of varieties while focusing on Rhone wines. We have a small estate vineyard while also sourcing from other vineyards in the Central Coast area for a total of about 100 tons.
We are currently looking for a harvest intern to join our team and assist with our 2018 harvest. The team here is small, experienced, and very close-knit; we are looking for the right candidate for our winery family.
Candidates should be punctual, self-starting, hard-working, detail oriented, passionate about wine, and have a positive attitude. The intern should be prepared to report mid-August and be willing to work through harvest’s end (can be anywhere from end of October to early December depending on the year).
• Perform cellar duties including, but not limited to, operating and maintaining equipment, hand sorting, forklift operation, pressing, barrel movement, cellar cleaning, etc.
• Conduct proper house techniques for cleaning, sanitizing and storing winery equipment as well as operation set up for processing, wine and juice transfers and tank preparations.
• Perform cellar duties such as punch downs, rackings, drain and press, fermentation additions, barrel filling and maintenance.
• Properly follow and complete work orders for tracking.
• Follow standard operating procedures to ensure efficiency and continued quality.
• Adhere to all safety policies.
• Demonstrate apt attention to detail in all aspects of work.
• Assist in any other production related activities for crush as directed by winemaker.
• Must be at least 21 years of age or older.
• Must be willing to work extended and flexible hours, including early mornings, evenings and weekends.
• Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs regularly and repeatedly. • Must be able to work in an outdoor environment and perform physical work (lifting, bending, climbing, squatting). • Ability to read, write, and understand English with the ability to follow instructions.
• Must a team player.
Additional Qualifications (beneficial but not required)
• Previous cellar and harvest experience.
• University or college qualification in viticulture and enology, or related field, preferred.
• Laboratory experience a plus.
• Licensed fork lift operator preferred
Applicants must be able to provide own housing and transportation to and from the winery.
Send Resume and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org