Four Feathers Wine Estates is looking for highly motivated interns to join us for the 2017 vintage. We are a large-scale custom crush facility located in the heart of Washington wine country in Prosser, Washington.
During the lab internship, you will play an instrumental role in the production of 3,000,000 gallons of wine. We believe in growing the future generation of winemakers by teaching practical winemaking skills backed by winemaking principals.
The internship runs from late August or early September through mid-November. A typical work week is from five to seven days. We will work around class schedules, but we highly encourage interns to take the semester off, or reduce their class load during the harvest season.
What Makes Four Feathers Wine Estates Internship Unique
- Winemaking mentors & classes
- Participate in tasting with winemakers
- Job shadowing offered
- Hands on experience in produced sized winery
- Winemaking styles for multiple wineries
- Intern alumni program
- Running analysis and trials related to fermenting juices and finished wine including:
– Daily fermentation analysis
– Basic wet chemistry, quantitative analysis of wine and must
– Enzymatic analysis using Spectrophotometer
– Lab Trials
- Keeping detailed records updated accurately in a timely fashion
- Pulling daily samples for analysis
- Weekend and overtime work will be expected during the harvest season
- Perform basic cellar work as needed to support production
- Opportunity to learn diverse winemaking techniques and winemaking protocols from seven different wineries
- Strong interest in winemaking and wine production
- General knowledge in fermentation science
- College level coursework in chemistry laboratory setting/basic lab skills
- Good computer skills, proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Attention to detail and safety
- Communicate well with others and work effectively as a team
- Must be authorized to work in the United States. Four Feathers Wine Estates is unable to sponsor or renew visas for job positions.
- This position is safety sensitive and those functioning in this position will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and will be laced in a random drug screening pool.
Please send resume to email@example.com