Four Feathers Wine Estates is looking for highly motivated interns to join us for the 2017 vintage. We are a large-scale custom crush facility located in the heart of Washington wine country in Prosser, Washington.
During the cellar internship, you will play an instrumental role in the production of 3,000,000 gallons of wine. Yes, your hands will get dirty! We believe in growing the future generation of winemakers by teaching practical winemaking skills backed by winemaking principals.
The internship runs from late August or early September through mid-November. A typical work week is from five to seven days. We will work around class schedules, but we highly encourage interns to take the semester off, or reduce their class load during the harvest season.
What Makes Four Feathers Wine Estates Internship Unique
- Winemaking mentors & classes
- Participate in tasting with winemakers
- Job shadowing offered
- Hands on experience in produced sized winery
- Winemaking styles for multiple wineries
- Intern alumni program
- Perform all aspects of seasonal harvest-related work as assigned including:
– Cap management, pump-overs and pulsair for red fermenters
– Juice/wine transfers
– Additions and inoculations
– Operating crush equipment and presses
– Knowledge of lees filtration, cross-flow filtration, and centrifugation
- Maintain a sanitized and clean winery
- Strong interest in winemaking and wine production
- Strong communication skills, must be willing to work independently and as a team
- Flexible and willing to work varying shifts, overtime and weekends
- Must be able to communicate effectively in the English language. Must be able to complete appropriate paperwork for cellar operations.
- Attention to detail and a commitment to quality
- Regularly stand or/and sit for long periods of time, occasionally required to reach with hands & arms, walk, climb, stoop, kneel, or crouch, lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- This position is safety sensitive and those functioning in this position will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and will be placed in a random drug screening pool.
Please send resume to email@example.com