Winemakers LLC is looking for two viticulture interns to work in our vineyards during the 2018 growing season. The internship would start in May, though the actual start date is flexible depending on availability and goes through to harvest in the fall.
This is a unique opportunity to work with three sites spread across the grape growing regions of Washington State, with the majority of the day-to-day duties taking place at our vineyard in the Horse Heaven Hills.
The interns would be a part of the viticulture team and assist in duties such as but not limited to:
– Crop estimation
– Vineyard scouting
– Data sollection
– Maturity samples during harvest (brix, pH and TA)
– Enrolled in a viticulture/enology program or other program related to plant sciences.
– Be willing to work extended hours outside in all weather conditions (summers are quite warm here).
– Be able to operate an ATV on rough terrains for long periods of time.
– Able to lift 40 lbs.
– Be able to stand, bend and walk for extended hours.
– Strong communication skills.
– Must have a valid driver’s license, good driving record, transportation and provide their own housing.
– Important to have a good attitude, the ability to work independently, and a willingness to learn.
Contact: Send resume to Riley Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org